Pkg doesn't care about conflict

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Tue Sep 27 13:32:14 UTC 2016

Hi!

> Both 5.* and 7.* are current tracks at PHP, so it's not
> surprising that a package is built with 5.6.  What surprised me,
> apart from pkg's apparent willingness to ignore an existing
> install of 7.0, was that there are no pkgs built against 7.0,
> even though 7.0 provides a jump in performance that's so large
> it's visible to the naked eye.

The pkg-tooling right now does not support a repo with pre-built
pkg's for both PHP versions. So the default repo is 5.6 for now.

Right now it's not simple (or probably impossible) to say that a
port can depend on either php56 or php70. I think this is called
variants, and that feature is still @work for pkg.

Those that plan to migrate better setup a repo with 7.0, and
start testing for their applications.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !