Setting PERL_VERSION in make.conf

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Tue Mar 8 07:30:11 UTC 2016

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 14:13:07 +0100
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de> wrote:

> I’m a bit confused about setting PERL_VERSION in make.conf. It seems
> that setting it to 5.20.3 will result in Perl-related ports to be
> built differently than not setting it.
>
> Is this expected? How can I make sure I continue to use the version
> of perl I’ve got currently installed when the default version changes?

Default versions of ports are defined in:
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk?revision=403082&view=co

There is an explanation in the comments part how to make changes to
make.conf.
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/