Any way to add USES clause depending on two options without including bsd.port.options.mk?

Fernando Herrero Carrón elferdo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 20:39:59 UTC 2016

El 24 jun. 2016 9:36 p. m., "Yuri" <yuri at rawbw.com> escribió:

> On 06/23/2016 14:54, Fernando Herrero Carrón wrote:
>>
>> Could you please elaborate on the reasons why you want to do that? I
don't
>> see how that particular combination of options would introduce a
dependence
>> that neither of them alone would.
>

> In this particular case, as I figured, this isn't actually necessary. But
it could be necessary in general, when, say, only in GUI there are some
messages to translate, or only GUI needs python.

>> And then, why not include port.options.mk? Then you could explicitly
check
>> for both options being set.
>

> You are right. But without including port.options.mk Makefile looks so
much more elegant. Several times I received e-mails asking to remove
port.options.mk inclusion to highten the degree of elegance this way. -)

Fair enough! I am not one to argue against elegance ;-) but as Mathieu
said: magic only goes so far!

Good luck!

> Yuri

Fernando