What happens to the ports for platform i386

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 11 20:01:28 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-11 21:32, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:16:07 +0200
> Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On 07/11/16 10:55, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> Dear maintainer and committers.
>>> Please check what you are doing before heading to the world.
>>> What happens to the i386 platform?
>>> If it is so difficult to keep it clean it all from the official site
>>> https://www.freebsd.org/platforms/
>>> i386 platform almost everywhere and is constantly broken.
>>> cross-platform build, including ports:
>>>

>> [snip list]
>>

>>> And most importantly - as if no one notices or is indifferent to it,
>>> what is happening in FreeBSD.
>>>
>>> Install FreeBSD to their workplace and use it - what you are doing
>>> for yourself - or do not use and do not do anything for FreeBSD.
>>>
>>> Thank you for understanding.
>>
>> Hi!
>> I tried a couple of the ports on the list without any issues.  I
>> suspect that the issue is in your environment or poudriere setup.
>> I'm running a FreeBSD 11-BETA5 i386 jail with poudriere on top of a
>> amd64 host.  Is this the same setup you are using?
>> Regards!
>
> I don`t have FreeBSD 11-BETA5
> I have FreeBSD 11-BETA1
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/11.0-BETA1/
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/11.0-BETA1/
> I take official snapshots and releases for poudriere that there were no
> differences.
> I do not have at their disposal FreeBSD 11-BETA5 release or snapshot.
> In the previous version FreeBSD 11-ALPHA6 these problems are not
> observed.

I have ALPHA5, not BETA5, my mistake.  I have to create a BETA jail from
the snapshots, and try myself, it could be that something broke when
doing the branch.  I still suspect your environment though, it seems
like somewhere along the line, the fact that you are compiling for i386
and not amd64 is getting lost.  I am still not sure this is not just an
issue in your environment, but I have to test more.
Regards!
--
Niclas