What happens to the ports for platform i386

Ivan Klymenko fidaj at ukr.net
Mon Jul 11 19:32:50 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:16:07 +0200
Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 07/11/16 10:55, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Dear maintainer and committers.
> > Please check what you are doing before heading to the world.
> > What happens to the i386 platform?
> > If it is so difficult to keep it clean it all from the official site
> > https://www.freebsd.org/platforms/
> > i386 platform almost everywhere and is constantly broken.
> > cross-platform build, including ports:
> >

> [snip list]
>

> > And most importantly - as if no one notices or is indifferent to it,
> > what is happening in FreeBSD.
> >
> > Install FreeBSD to their workplace and use it - what you are doing
> > for yourself - or do not use and do not do anything for FreeBSD.
> >
> > Thank you for understanding.
>
> Hi!
> I tried a couple of the ports on the list without any issues.  I
> suspect that the issue is in your environment or poudriere setup.
> I'm running a FreeBSD 11-BETA5 i386 jail with poudriere on top of a
> amd64 host.  Is this the same setup you are using?
> Regards!

I don`t have FreeBSD 11-BETA5
I have FreeBSD 11-BETA1
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/11.0-BETA1/
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/11.0-BETA1/
I take official snapshots and releases for poudriere that there were no
differences.
I do not have at their disposal FreeBSD 11-BETA5 release or snapshot.
In the previous version FreeBSD 11-ALPHA6 these problems are not
observed.