Unable to update ports using svnlite

Alphons van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Wed Feb 24 17:10:50 UTC 2016

Clinton Bessesen wrote:

> Running freebsd 10.2 and have been able to checkout the ports/head using
> svnlite for quite sometime in the past.
[snip]
> unable to run "/usr/bin/svnlite checkout --depth empty
> svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /tmp/ports/tree"

I don't know how others handle this, but the following works for me:

# mkdir /root/bin
# ln -s `which svnlite` /root/bin/svn
# svn checkout https://svn0.eu.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports

Note that I'm in Europe, there should be a list of geographically suitable
mirrors somewhere. And svn.freebsd.org itself works, too.

HTH,

Fonz

--
A.J. "Fonz" van Werven
mailsig: Ob technicas difficultates, lux in fine cuniculum non operatur.