issues in several ports.

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Wed Dec 21 05:56:43 UTC 2016

On 2016-Dec-21 04:01:50 +0000, Wyle Coyote via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports at freebsd.org> wrote:
>.I upgraded to 10.3 release installed via dvd

"upgraded" how?  Was this a fresh install or did you try to install
10.3 over the top of your 7.4 system?  If the latter, it's quite
likely that there are remnants of FreeBSD 7.4 (libraries, include
files and/or ports) that are confusing the ports build system (GNU
configure is really good at locating and incorrectly using leftover
cruft).  I strongly recommend you do a reinstall from scratch.  If
you can't, as a minimum, you should install a source tree and run
"make delete-old delete-old-libs" as well as deleting all your
installed ports (your entire /usr/local and /var/db/pkg).

>in the uw-imap 2007f it will not compile under the port. In fact I am familiar with imap and the client fairly well. I can get the program to build from source, which I cannot in updated ports.  I also added the -lcrypt
>Tried just the c-client out of ports, same problem, no build.

If the above doesn't fix your problem, can you please try a fresh
build with "DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS=yes" and make the complete build log
available somewhere.

--
Peter Jeremy