Optional circular dependency between multimedia/ffmpeg and audio/chromaprint

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:07:26 UTC 2016

On Wed., 14 Dec. 2016 at 5:16 pm, Luca Pizzamiglio <
luca.pizzamiglio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I discovered a circular dependency:
>

> if multimedia/ffmpeg has the chromaprint option enabled, then it needs
>
> audio/chromaprint
>
> audio/chromaprint always needs multimedia/ffmpeg
>

> Using portmaster, I was unable to update both of them.
>
> At the moment, I remove the option in multimedia/ffmpeg, but I don't a
>
> better solution.

Hi Luca,

It looks like ffmpeg is already marked as broken if the chromaprint option
is enabled. This option was only added during the recent update to ffmpeg3
a few days ago, so it has always been marked as broken. It is disabled by
default also.

Do you need this functionality for something you are doing? I haven't
looked into how it could be possible to break the loop to allow it to be
enabled sorry.

Regards,
Ben