tn5250 port

A.J. "Fonz" van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Sun Aug 30 20:25:04 UTC 2015

Bob Dobbs wrote:

> One critical application I need is tn5250 (for connecting to our
> AS/400s). I've built tn5250 from both ports and installed the package
> from the repository. It core dumps every time I run both tn5250 and
> xt5250. I've run it as normal user and as root - still core dumping.

Is there any way you can obtain diagnostics that might help? Perhaps this
program has a verbose setting or writes messages to syslog. Or maybe you
can run it in a debugger and obtain a trace.

Side note: there's also net/tn5250j. It requires Java, which may or may
not be an option for you.

Hope this helps,

AvW

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.