cups support in print/xfce4-print

Richard M. Timoney richardt at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Apr 22 11:00:15 UTC 2014

> > On 22 April 2014 09:41, Cary <cary at sdf.org> wrote:
> >
> > > print/xfce4-print builds normally on 9.2-R with default config,
> > > but build fails when port is configured with "--enable-cups" rather
> > > than "--enable-bsdlpr".
> > >
> > > STDERR attached.
> > >

> > Could we have a little more information? The command lines for that
> > error
> > would be good. Editing the makefile to add MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes would
> > make
> > them easier to read too.
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> Here is output from running make again with MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE set
> to "YES" in /etc/make.conf .
>
> thanks,
> Cary

I found a hack that allows the potr to compile.

/usr/ports/print/xfce4-print/work/xfprint-4.6.1/printing-systems/cups/cups.c

Add this #define (line 26):

#define _IPP_PRIVATE_STRUCTURES 1
#include <cups/ipp.h>

It seems from what I understand that the port is using cups internals in
a way that is no longer supported.

Yours,

Richard

--