Problems after upgrade to CUPS 1.7.1 - gstoraster error

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Fri Apr 4 10:17:24 UTC 2014

Am Thu, 03 Apr 2014 20:51:15 +0400
schrieb Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru>:

> The patch changes three files. So you may restore them all.
> You may use PATCH(1) with -R option to restore status quo.

Yeah of course, sorry, did only a quick check of your patch at that
time.

> I use just delete an old package and then build and install a new one
> using the portstree. Should be OK to use vice versa (from a new
> version to an old one).

I even did not have to delete the old package. I just patched and
subsequently built print/cups-filters. And pkg is happy:

cups-1.7.1                         =   up-to-date with port
cups-base-1.7.1                    =   up-to-date with port
cups-client-1.7.1                  =   up-to-date with port
cups-filters-1.0.50                =   up-to-date with port
cups-image-1.7.1                   =   up-to-date with port
cups-pstoraster-8.15.4_7           =   up-to-date with port
gutenprint-cups-5.2.8_1            =   up-to-date with port

And patching was successful, cups is working now as expected. That's
great, thank you, Boris. So there is currently no need to downgrade
again :-)

Did I get you right, that a modified version of this patch will go into
ports tree as soon as it will be able to cover FreeBSD 8.x as well?

Regards,
Peter