Problems after upgrade to CUPS 1.7.1 - gstoraster error

Boris Samorodov bsam at passap.ru
Thu Apr 3 16:51:40 UTC 2014

03.04.2014 20:10, Dr. Peter Voigt пишет:
> Am Thu, 03 Apr 2014 18:32:32 +0400
> schrieb Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru>:
>
>> I've got a diff to update print/cups-filters from version 1.0.42
>> to version 1.0.50. Please, dive it a try. It may help. (This patch
>> may not be committed as is since it does not build at 8.x due to
>> incomplete network headers).
>>
>> If that do not help, then try to enable debug (set "LogLevel debug"
>> at cupsd.conf) and look at logs (/var/log/cups/error_log in
>> particular) for any errors.
>>
>> Patch is included.
>
> Thanks for all advices so far.
>
> I would like to give this patch a try but I am worrying about possibly
> confusing pkg(ng) in case of having to downgrade again.
>
> If I got you right, Boris, your patch should upgrade print/cups-filters
> to version 1.0.50.

Yes.

> If I have the need to downgrade again, I will use
> the original Makefile.

The patch changes three files. So you may restore them all.
You may use PATCH(1) with -R option to restore status quo.

> Can I build and install the original version
> 1.0.42 again without confusing pkg(ng)?

I use just delete an old package and then build and install a new one
using the portstree. Should be OK to use vice versa (from a new version
to an old one).

> I ask because I am rather new to FreeBSD and right after having learned
> old pkg administration I am still in the process of understanding
> pkg(ng). I have learned from the forum and from own bad experiences that
> the package database can easily be mangled leaving you with a lot of
> work to get things running again.

Well, for _me_ playing with _one_ port (not touching any dependencies)
was always a success.

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve