CMake, libexecinfo, ${LOCALBASE}/lib and ldconfig

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Thu Sep 26 14:54:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:28:54 +0100
Alexandr Kovalenko <never at nevermind.kiev.ua> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Since you're working on 5.5.33a it would be great if you could
> > incorporate the patches I just submitted to allow building mariadb
> > using clang's libc++
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=182408 .
>
> ports/182287 should be closed [adding flo@ :> ], as I will submit
> maintainer update soon and also this PR does not actually enable
> TOKUDB (which is what I'm fighting now, but probably will give up for
> now and submit update without it to work on TOKUDB later).
>
> I'm more than happy to apply your patches. I have few questions:
>
> 1. Will those patches affect build on stdlibc++ in any way?

Nope, those are all backwards compatible and standard compliant changes.
I just double checked by building mariadb55 using gcc4.2.1 and stdlibc++
on 9.1-RELEASE.

> 2. Would you be so kind to send me patches against current (5.5.33a)
> source to help me a bit? :)

I verified my patches against 5.5.33a from 2013-09-20:

patch-sql_item_subselect.cc: applies ok
patch-storage_pbxt_src_strutil_xt.cc: pbxt has been removed
patch-storage_pbxt_src_index_xt.cc: pbxt has been removed
patch-storage_pbxt_src_util_xt.cc: pbxt has been removed
patch-storage_federated_ha_federated.cc: already upstream
patch-sql_sql_trigger.cc: ok
patch-sql_sql_view.cc: ok

This means that only three patches will be required. Just untar the
attached tarball in the ports files directory:

cd /usr/ports/databases/mariadb55-server/files
tar -xzf /path/to/patches.tgz

There might be more challenges new to this version of MariaDB, so I'm
more than happy to test the port once you're ready.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Gmelin