grub2 with libzfs

Christian Mangin christian.mangin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 16:55:50 UTC 2013

Hello,

You don't need libzfs to use grub2 on ZFS. You just need to specify the
zfs module if your 'grub-install' target is a ZFS dataset. I've submitted
a patch for this port a while ago, There are probably issues I'm not
aware of but I've been using this custom port for the last 6 months
without problems.

(tarball attached.)

Beeblebrox a écrit :
> I know grub2 is not very popular with the FreeBSD community, but I
> like it. Currently the grub2 port looks broken and port maintainer
> has advised me that he plans on dropping the port soon. I don't see
> any point in filing a PR at this point...
>
> This leaves git/svn trunk from the grub2 download site for ver 2.0.
> Unfortunately, when I try to compile I get a libzfs error (seems you
> must invoke --enable-libzfs):
>
> ./configure --enable-libzfs  ==> checking for ft2build.h... yes
> checking for fuse_main_real in -lfuse... yes checking fuse/fuse.h
> usability... yes checking fuse/fuse.h presence... yes checking for
> fuse/fuse.h... yes checking libdevmapper.h usability... no checking
> libdevmapper.h presence... no checking for libdevmapper.h... no
> checking for geom_gettree in -lgeom... yes checking for lzma_code in
> -llzma... yes checking libzfs.h usability... no checking libzfs.h
> presence... no checking for libzfs.h... no checking libnvpair.h
> usability... no checking libnvpair.h presence... no checking for
> libnvpair.h... no checking for libzfs_init in -lzfs... no configure:
> error: libzfs support was explicitly requested but requirements are
> not satisfied
>
> libzfs is in /usr/lib and libzfs.so.2 is in /lib, but the make
> process is looking for libzfs.h.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get this working?
>
> Regards.

> http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/grub2-with-libzfs-tp5799405.html

Sent from the freebsd-ports mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

christian.mangin at gmail.com - PGP: C850892A