[SOLVED] libpkg, sqlite and database problems prevent building any packages

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 7 06:04:22 UTC 2013

On 07/08/2013 02:00, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> At first, with sqlite3 not listed as a dependency of pkg, I wouldn't have realized what needed fixing.

That's deliberate.  If pkg(8) had to install other packages as
dependencies of itself, it would make bootstrapping pkg on a new system
a bit difficult.  So sqlite is bundled into the pkg source tree, along
with a few other external bits.

That pkg(8) uses sqlite is not exactly secret -- there's a whole man
page for pkg-shell(8) which talks about using the sqlite3 console, and
sqlite is clearly mentioned in pkg(8) and other man pages.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.