"postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

Sahil Tandon sahil+freebsd-ports at tandon.net
Wed Nov 16 01:56:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 17:55:57 +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:

> Jase Thew píše v út 15. 11. 2011 v 16:31 +0000:
>
> > What networking/DNS configuration is Pointyhat lacking (or have
> > sufficiently different to break the socket code inside of postconf)?
>
> It is a purposefully no-networking sandbox jail. What networking
> activity postconf wants to run?

Wietse, in a post[1] on the Postfix mailing list, lends further credence
to a suspicion that this issue is particular to pointyhat:

 Postconf opens a socket to determine the mynetworks value (it
 determines the local interfaces and their netmasks).

 I have heard about bizarre errors on FreeBSD (jail) systems where the
 user-land library was out of sync with kernel-land, resulting in data
 structure mis-matches and system calls returning nonsensical results.

[1] http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2011-11/0385.html

--
Sahil Tandon