netgen - was Re: How to extract tcl src

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Sun May 23 03:40:54 UTC 2010

Thanks for all the responses.  However I have decided against performing
an update of graphics/togl.

I was trying to upgrade cad/netgen to 4.9.13 (an update appeared on
sourceforge a while ago).  This required togl, and there are some
mistakes in the togl port.  So I thought I might as well upgrade to
togl-2.0 while I was at it.  But netgen 4.9.13 requires togl 1.7.

But I've even given up on the netgen port upgrade.  The configure file
seems to be rather poorly written, and requires many hacks.  I am
uncertain that even if I get it to build, that it will run properly.

If someone out there really wants me to upgrade netgen, I'll give it
another go.  But they have to be a user of netgen, so that they can
ensure that it still works properly for them.