How to extract tcl src

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Sun May 23 02:38:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 7:11 PM, jhell <jhell at dataix.net> wrote:
> On 05/22/2010 19:23, Anonymous wrote:
>> BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl85:extract
>
> Attached is the Makefile I just edited to configure against tcl and tk
> 8.5 instead of 8.4.
>
> I have verified it for functionality (as in) extract, configure, make &
> install only.
>
> Before I made the mods I did not make a original copy so this is why I
> did not provide a unified diff but I have bumped the the PORTREVISION
> from _1 to _2 and it should be ready to be committed as this was a
> pretty trivial change.
>
> The most significant change mentioned above was changed to:
> BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl85:configure
>
> This was needed to provide configured values that graphics/togl would
> then read.

    The danger in this particular case is that you're assuming that
the copy of tcl installed and the copy in ports are one in the same.
    Just pre-patch whatever code is monkey fubaring the path lookup to point to:

${LIBDIR}/<tcl-version>/tclConfig.sh

    and file the appropriate bug upstream to fix whatever software
package is monkeying up the path.
HTH,
-Garrett