Installing cups-1.4.2_1 port reports port MISSING

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 11:40:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:06:58 -0800 (PST)
Saige <saige.losli at gmail.com> articulated:

> Well, when I cd to /usr/ports/print/cups and "make clean", "make
> install", it /seems/ to build... at least it does not complain. I get:
>
> # make clean
> ===>  Cleaning for cups-1.4.2_1
> # make install clean
> ===>  Extracting for cups-1.4.2_1
> ===>  Patching for cups-1.4.2_1
> ===>   cups-1.4.2_1 depends on executable: espgs - found
> ===>   cups-1.4.2_1 depends on executable: cupsd - found
> ===>  Configuring for cups-1.4.2_1
> ===>  Cleaning for cups-1.4.2_1
> #

The above is useless, it is not a complete log of the build/install
attempt but rather an extreme redaction of the entire process. Your
posting gives no clue what actually happened.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

|::::=======
|::::=======
|===========
|===========

I think way too far outside the box.

1) Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention
in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

2) Apple computers = glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults.

3) Every time the government tries to organize the economy, the only
thing that stays organized is crime.

4) Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end.