Installing cups-1.4.2_1 port reports port MISSING

Saige saige.losli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 04:06:59 UTC 2010

> > Seems hard to believe that such an important function, "cups", is just
> > missing from the ports tree. I have updated the ports on my system
> > with:
>
> > # csup -g -L 2 /root/ports-supfile
> > # cd /usr/ports
> > # make readmes && make index
>
> > So if I'm just doing something wrong due to ignorance, please point me
> > in the right direction so that I can solve my problem... Thank you!
>
> This happens occasionally. CD to the /usr/ports/print/cups directory
> and run: "make clean". Next run: make install and see if the port
> installs. You might want to create a log file of the
> build/install routine. If the build fails again, post the log here.

Well, when I cd to /usr/ports/print/cups and "make clean", "make
install", it /seems/ to build... at least it does not complain. I get:

# make clean
===>  Cleaning for cups-1.4.2_1
# make install clean
===>  Extracting for cups-1.4.2_1
===>  Patching for cups-1.4.2_1
===>   cups-1.4.2_1 depends on executable: espgs - found
===>   cups-1.4.2_1 depends on executable: cupsd - found
===>  Configuring for cups-1.4.2_1
===>  Cleaning for cups-1.4.2_1
#

So, it's not complaining, right? But when I try to make a test print
from http://localhost:631, I still get this error message: "/usr/local/
libexec/cups/filter/rastertokm2430dl failed"

So I tried running portmanager again:

# portmanager print/cups --log

...and here is the contents of the logfile after I run it:

portmanager 0.4.1_9
FreeBSD freebsd-desktop 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Tue Mar  2
18:43:30 PST 2010
    root at freebsd-desktop:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
autoConflicts              0  autoMoved                  0
backUp                     0  buildDependsAreLeaves      0
forced                     0  interactive                0
log                        1  pmMode                     1
pristine                   0  resume                     0
Mon Mar  8 19:52:12 2010
 cups-1.4.2_1                        /print/cups
    MISSING
cups-1.4.2_1                        /print/cups

Mon Mar  8 19:52:14 2010
 cups-1.4.2_1                        /print/cups
    MISSING
cups-1.4.2_1                        /print/cups

Mon Mar  8 19:52:14 2010
 cups-1.4.2_1                        /print/cups
    make Strike
2

Mon Mar  8 19:52:16 2010
 cups-1.4.2_1                        /print/cups
    MISSING
cups-1.4.2_1                        /print/cups

Mon Mar  8 19:52:16 2010
 cups-1.4.2_1                        /print/cups
    make Strike 3, marking port as ignore/
looping

Mon Mar  8 19:52:17 2010
 portmanager                         0.4.1_9
    INFO: finished with some ports not updated  if --log was used see /
var/log/
portmanager.log

Mon Mar  8 19:52:17 2010
 end of log