patch upgrade for port committers?

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Fri Jan 29 13:38:43 UTC 2010

Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:01:44 -0600 (CST)
> Stephen Montgomery-Smith<stephen at missouri.edu>  wrote:

>> Also, I have taken to using shar files instead of diff's when
>> creating new files.
>
> Don't please, it makes committer's work harder.
> And update to a port should be a diff. Preferably a cvs diff -u.

I am thinking of something like this:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/142360

I separated the diff and the shar files - diff for what is already
existing, and shar for new files.

Are you saying that you would prefer if I had done a single diff with
"diff -urN"?

Part of the reason I started to do this is because, even when I had
clear messages like "there are new files XXX and YYY" they would still
get forgotten by committers.