Optionally depending on KDE4

hideo hideo at lastamericanempire.com
Mon Jun 15 15:16:49 UTC 2009

Max Brazhnikov (Mon 06/15/09 14:28):
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:43:29 -0600, hideo wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to update audio/pacpl to the latest version which has
> > dropped support for KDE3 and added support for KDE4. By "support"
> > I mean it offers Konqueror and Dolphin service menu integration.
> >
> > How do I optionally pull in the KDE4 prefix and base, e.g.
> > USE_KDE4=kdeprefix kdebase, as a dependency if either of
> > these options are selected?
>
> It's described in handbook:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/makefile-
> options.html#AEN2441
>
> In your case the code may look as following:
>
> OPTIONS=	KDE4 " Konqueror and Dolphin service menu integration" off
>
> .include <bsd.port.options.mk>
>
> .if defined(WITH_KDE4)
> USE_KDE4=		kdeprefix kdebase
> PLIST_SUB+=	KDE=""
> .else
> PLIST_SUB+=	KDE="@comment "
> .endif
>
> .include <bsd.port.mk>

Thanks Max. I had tried something similar but still had
<bsd.port.pre.mk> so it bombed.

> > Also, I notice that when these KDE4
> > options are set, everything the port installs goes in KD4_PREFIX,
> > including config, data, doc, and shared files.  Are users expected
> > to know that KDE4 dependent ports have their config files, for example,
> > in /usr/local/kde4/etc instead of /usr/local/etc?
>
> I expect this is rhetoric question :)

Not really but I think it was due to my misunderstanding of what
kdeprefix did.  By not adding that to USE_KDE4 I still have access to
KDE4_PREFIX without everything getting installed there.

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to get the
difference, if any, between LOCALBASE and KDE4_PREFIX for the PLIST_SUB
on the KDE4 related options. If I put the following in pkg-plist

	%%DOLPHIN%%share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus/dolphin/pacpl.desktop
	%%KONQUEROR%%share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus/konqueror/pacpl.desktop

when it comes time to deinstall it fails because the paths are obviously
relative to LOCALBASE.  However, I don't want to hardcode the difference
in the paths, e.g. kde4, unless necessary, since it could change. It
seems like the thing to do would be to remove LOCALBASE from KDE4_PREFIX
and add that to PLIST_SUB, though I'm not quite sure how to do that. Am
I thinking about this in the wrong way?

> Max

Zach