Optionally depending on KDE4

Max Brazhnikov makc at issp.ac.ru
Mon Jun 15 11:13:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:43:29 -0600, hideo wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to update audio/pacpl to the latest version which has
> dropped support for KDE3 and added support for KDE4. By "support"
> I mean it offers Konqueror and Dolphin service menu integration.
>
> How do I optionally pull in the KDE4 prefix and base, e.g.
> USE_KDE4=kdeprefix kdebase, as a dependency if either of
> these options are selected?

It's described in handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/makefile-
options.html#AEN2441

In your case the code may look as following:

OPTIONS=	KDE4 " Konqueror and Dolphin service menu integration" off

.include <bsd.port.options.mk>

.if defined(WITH_KDE4)
USE_KDE4=		kdeprefix kdebase
PLIST_SUB+=	KDE=""
.else
PLIST_SUB+=	KDE="@comment "
.endif

.include <bsd.port.mk>

> Also, I notice that when these KDE4
> options are set, everything the port installs goes in KD4_PREFIX,
> including config, data, doc, and shared files.  Are users expected
> to know that KDE4 dependent ports have their config files, for example,
> in /usr/local/kde4/etc instead of /usr/local/etc?

I expect this is rhetoric question :)

> Thanks,
> Zach

Max