Patches for Mailman 2.1.12?

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Wed Jul 8 17:22:07 UTC 2009

Hello Richard,

The FreeBSD Mailman port relies on your patches 444879 and 444884 to
build and I cannot reach the port maintainter currently.  For better or
worse, the port has the patch filenames keyed to the current Mailman
version, like so:

PATCH_SITES+=   http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mm/patches/444879/:patch1 \
                http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mm/patches/444884/:patch2
PATCHFILES+=    indexing-${DISTVERSION}-0.1.patch.gz:patch1 \
                htdig-${DISTVERSION}-0.1.patch.gz:patch2

So since May the Mailman port has been failing because it cannot
retrieve these two files (which don't exist):

http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mm/patches/444879/indexing-2.1.12-0.1.patch.gz
http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mm/patches/444884/htdig-2.1.12-0.1.patch.gz

Your web server logs should confirm this in spades.

Would it be possible for you to update these two patches against Mailman
2.1.12?  Thank you for continuing to bump these along even though you
started out maintaining them for your personal use only!

FreeBSD ports team,

Mail to the port maintainer (jmelo at FreeBSD.org) is getting a 550 off the
address it's currently forwarded to.  The portupgrade behaviour in this
case is nasty because for some reason the old mailman install is being
nuked and not properly restored when the build fails.  I patched the
port Makefile and distinfo to build Mailman 2.1.11 with the appropriate
444879 & 444884 patches and my Mailman install is back in business, but
others might not be able to help themselves.  I'll be glad to supply the
patches if it would help, although they don't get folks any closer to
Mailman 2.1.12.

--
Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com