An upgrade to xorg-server-1.5.3_1,1/libxcb-1.1.93

Wes Morgan morganw at chemikals.org
Sun Jan 25 20:12:38 PST 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Robert Noland wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 21:54 -0500, Alex Goncharov wrote:

> Xorg is moving more in that direction... Using hal for device
> configuration is now the default.  However, you can still statically
> configure devices.  See xorg.conf(5), AllowEmptyInput, AutoAddDevices,
> AutoEnableDevices.
>
> So, yes you can still configure it without HAL support, it just isn't
> the preferred method.

I've been avoiding HAL like the plague as well. It frobs my ath wireless
card when it tries to probe it. Disabling it works, but KDE runs like
garbage with hal running, and I get zombie processes of
"hal-storage-cleanup--all-mountpoints" when I try to shut it down... In
short, I avoid it wherever possible!