mplayer from SVN

Frank Staals frank at fstaals.net
Mon Dec 28 18:07:57 UTC 2009

On 12/28/09 15:47, eculp wrote:
> [...]
On a sidenote: I used to build mplayer from svn regularly on my previous
system. Updating mplayer usually was quite painless. Simply 'svn up &&
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mplayersvn && gmake && gmake install'.
In 99% of the cases rebuilding went perfectly; no patches required or
anything, and I rebuilded mplayer almost weekly. This was on a i386
system by the way, on my current amd64 install I run into problems
trying to compile the current svn snapshots.

I know it is not as nice as simply having a port. But if you realy need
the svn-releases for some feature XYZ it may be a (temporary) solution.

--

- Frank