downgrade xorg to 7.1

x z rankshell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 13:39:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009, x z wrote:
>
>  I would downgrade xorg from 7.4 to 7.1 for display driver.
>>

> Why?

Because I have a Matrox G550 card which has property driver supported up to
xorg 7.1.

>  I used portdowngrade, but in the cvs repository server,I can't find xorg
>> 7.1, the oldest one is 7.2 in xorg 7 brunch, I checked all the cvs servers
>> listed in http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/anoncvs.html
>>

> FreeBSD went from xorg-6.9 to xorg-7.2.  There might have been some
> intermediate versions of parts of xorg, but not the full xorg 7.1 release.
>

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11/xorg/Makefile
>
> Revision 1.15 and 1.16.

Thank you! I got it,but is there any way to get my card worked with property
driver, while I think it is very difficult that downgrading Xorg from the
current 7.4 to 6.9 as there are big changes between xorg 6 and xorg 7?