VDA quota problem - reason to create postfix25

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Mon Aug 31 13:42:30 UTC 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there is some problem with VDA and quotas in Postfix 2.6.x and until
> this will be fixed, the recommendation from VDA developer is to use
> last 2.5.x version of Postfix + VDA. So is possible to create port
> mail/postfix25? (as there are postfix23 and postfix24)

See ports/134711 which was filed roughly three months ago.  I don't
use VDA but it sounds like despite there being a patch for 2.6.x, we
should set it to IGNORE until someone reports a solution.  At the very
least, I propose we caution users against VDA if they try to build
with it for 2.6.x.  I'll work on that this week; let me know of any
disagreements with that approach.

--
Sahil Tandon