VDA quota problem - reason to create postfix25

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Mon Aug 31 14:04:45 UTC 2009

Sahil Tandon wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there is some problem with VDA and quotas in Postfix 2.6.x and until
>> this will be fixed, the recommendation from VDA developer is to use
>> last 2.5.x version of Postfix + VDA. So is possible to create port
>> mail/postfix25? (as there are postfix23 and postfix24)
>

> See ports/134711 which was filed roughly three months ago.  I don't  use
> VDA but it sounds like despite there being a patch for 2.6.x, we  should
> set it to IGNORE until someone reports a solution.  At the very  least,
> I propose we caution users against VDA if they try to build  with it for
> 2.6.x.  I'll work on that this week; let me know of any  disagreements
> with that approach.

VDA works fine for somebody who are not using quotas, but IGNORE will
make Postfix 2.6 useless for those, who are using VDA on mailservers
leaving them without any working solution.
So I propose big warning message befor + after installation of Postfix
with VDA enabled instead of IGNORE and create postfix25 when time permits.

Warning message sould be something like this:
WARNING: You are installing Postfix with VDA, but this version doesn't
work correctly with quotas!
If you want VDA with quota support, use version of Postfix older than 2.6.

(I am not good in english, so please correct me ;])

Miroslav Lachman