Does firefox35 work well with STABLE? It always core dumps for me.

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Aug 25 18:01:05 UTC 2009

Firefox35 works fine on my laptop running current but I've not been
able to get it to work with STABLE.  It crashes with shared library
problems that somehow seem related to acroread

# uname -a
FreeBSD local2.local.net.mx 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #619: Sun
Aug 16 05:57:41 CDT 2009
root at local2.local.net.mx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO  i386

The two error messages follow and are dependent on acroread[8-9]

# firefox3
:1: error: unexpected character `e', expected keyword - e.g. `style'
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/root/.mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so [/usr/local/lib/compat/libc.so.6:
version GLIBC_2.1.3 required by /root/.mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so not
defined]
Bad system call (core dumped)

   # firefox3
:1: error: unexpected number `9', expected keyword - e.g. `style'
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/root/.mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so [Shared object "libpthread.so.0" not
found, required by "nppdf.so"]

any suggestions appreciated if it is usuable, if not back to firefox3.

Thanks,

ed