net-im/finch crashing on startup

Josh Rickmar joshua_rickmar at eumx.net
Sun Apr 26 00:23:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> I can't reproduce on -STABLE.  Finch seems to be working just fine for
> me.  See http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/doc/bugging.html on how to rebuild
> finch and libpurple with debugging symbols.  When it crashes again, get
> a gdb back trace.
>
> Joe

Well, it seems to be a non-issue for me now, since I found a replacement
for finch instead (I'm now using mcabber).  Thanks for the help, though.

Would you still like me to rebuild finch with the debugging symbols to
see what was wrong and how is can be fixed, or am I the only one
experiencing this problem on 7.1-RELEASE?