net/samba3 not installing VFS modules

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 19:58:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Erik Van Benschoten
<evanben at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2008, at 10:27 AM, Scot Hetzel wrote:
>> Then when a
>> make install was performed, the recycle.so module was located in the
>> PREFIX/lib/samba/vfs directory.
>>
>> Did you check this directory?
>>
>> Scot
>
> Scot,
>
>  The problem was not getting the VFS modules compiled, but rather getting
> them installed.

The VFS modules are installed on my system, and when i grepped the
+CONTENTS file for recycle.so, it was listed in the package.

> I found a brute force workaround was to manually add
> 'lib/samba/vfs/recycle.so' to the '/net/samba3/pkg-plist' file.
> I know this is not the proper thing to do, but it works for getting a
> package built.  I would have preferred a tweak to the Makefile that would
> work for everyone, but I'm afraid my Makefile reading skills are not up to snuff.

There is no need to add 'lib/samba/vfs/recycle.so' to the
samba3/pkg-plist, as the samba3/Makefile has automatic pkg-plist
generation to  detect the files in PREFIX/lib/samba.  They get added
to the ${TMPPLIST} file, which is used to create the package.

Scot