portupgrade-devel: 2 feature requests

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Feb 15 11:44:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:30:17AM +0000 I heard the voice of
Alex Zbyslaw, and lo! it spake thus:
> Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
>
>> And it
>> doesn't tell me anything unless I happen to be watching the terminal
>> at just the right time, and read quick before it scrolls off.  I have
>> to wait 'till the end for any details that.
>>
> portupgrade {your stuff} |& tee /tmp/portupgrade.log   # [1]

Well.  That would be a good way to have a couple hundred megabyte (and
growing) file around, to tell me one byte more information [the number
of failures/skipped vs. succeeded, as opposed to 'already dealt with']
than ps can already tell me.  Not really topping my todo list :)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net