portupgrade-devel: 2 feature requests

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 15 10:25:27 UTC 2008

Doug Barton worte:
> I'm going to respond to these from the portmaster perspective to try
> and give some additional context. No criticism of portupgrade is
> intended, since I've said many times that they are not completely
> overlapping in feature sets.

Doug, I feel no resentment on criticism of portupgrade. I know it's not
perfect. You know too, otherwise you did not start portmaster I think :)

My purpose is to fix portupgrade with as little modifications as it's
possible just because I have no time (and motivations) to rewrite
algorithms completely. Moreover, I think somebody who have more time and
ruby skills should support it. But for three years I've got it, only two
little patches (a few lines) was sent to me.

If somebody wants to help, sources are on SourceForge. Send me patches
and ask a write access if you feel you can.

> I'm also responding since I think these are interesting questions and
> I've put a lot of thought into my solutions for them. :)

Thank you. I can't add much to your answers.

--
Dixi.
Sem.