TrueCrypt 5.0

Martin Wilke miwi at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 11 02:27:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 09:33:12AM +0100, Watermelon wrote:
> hello,
>
> now its about 4days since the TrueCrypt Foundation released version 5.0 of
> their popular encryption software TrueCrypt.
> www.truecrypt.org
>
> the new version supports among other features:
> strong cryptography (aes sertent twofisch in cbc(xts) and cascades of that
> algorithms)
> Preboot auth
> Full Disk Encryption
> plausible deniability
> supports mac osx
> linux
> windows
> guis for that os'
>
> the main reason for using that software is cause i have encrypted win
> partitions and want to use it in linux and freebsd too....=> great
> compatibility-point of all os !!!
>
> i downloaded the source cause i thought if there is an osx support may be
> it works for freebsd too....
> and i found in makefile a point for making in freebsd....
> but there are errors so i couldnt make it...
>
> please could you take a look on that software
>
> would be great to have it as port...
> (dont know much about that but if there is a line with freebsd in makefile
> it may not be a big problem)

Ok Guys,

Yesterday on the German BSDGroup [1] we talked about the Truecrypt Port,
Dierk Sacher, Oliver Herold and I have created a port that works here.
We would now like to call for testing of this port. We are aware that
the patchset is hardcoded, but this will be fixed in the final version.
Known issues are system hangs when you use geli support on your hdd.

Feedback is very welcome.

\o/\/WARNING\o/\/WARNING\o/ HIS IS NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION \o/\/WARNING\o/\/WARNING\o/
 Patch can you find here: http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/truecrypt.tgz
 \o/\/WARNING\o/\/WARNING\o/ HIS IS NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION \o/\/WARNING\o/\/WARNING\o/

 [1] https://forum.bsdgroup.de/showthread.php?p=5642#post5642 (german only)

 - Martin (with behalf German BSDGroup)