ports/astro/googleearth - only4archs=i386?

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 29 00:34:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 16:36 -0700, Steve Franks wrote:
> I *think* (and I'm no guru) that googleearth needs the
> ONLYFORARCHS=i386 flag set.  I can't for the life of me get it to run
> on amd64 with either linux_base-fc4 or base-f7 - it installs, but
> complains about missing libGL.so.1:
>
>     ./googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We don't have linux compatibility in drm for amd64.  I'm not sure of the
exact reason for that.

One other note, in my limited experience with googleearth, AIGLX is also
required for it to run.  (I generally only run it when someone tells me
it doesn't work...)

robert.