ports/astro/googleearth - only4archs=i386?

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Thu Aug 28 23:36:43 UTC 2008

I *think* (and I'm no guru) that googleearth needs the
ONLYFORARCHS=i386 flag set.  I can't for the life of me get it to run
on amd64 with either linux_base-fc4 or base-f7 - it installs, but
complains about missing libGL.so.1:

    ./googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If I explicitly point (LDPRELOAD and/or ldconfig) it to
/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1, I get the following:

    ./googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Other (32-bit) graphical linux programs (i.e. my FPGA compiler) work fine.

Best,
Steve