FreeBSD ports: 1 unfetchable distfile: net/py-pypcap

George V. Neville-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Wed Mar 21 06:53:24 UTC 2007

At Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:04:28 +0800,
Li-Wen Hsu wrote:

> On 四,  3 08, 2007 at 17:01:11 +0900, gnn at FreeBSD.org wrote:

> > > I think this is the ideal way to handle the situation.  Only caveat
> > > on your end is your modified pypcap shouldn't interfere with the
> > > port of Doug's pypcap.  It should install with a slightly different
> > > module name so we don't need to set port conflicts and so ports
> > > relying on net/pypcap don't see your fork installed and assume
> > > net/py-pypcap is installed which may lead to potential breakage.
> >
> > OK, can you propose a name and set it all up?  The number of these
> > libraries that exist is problematic.
>
> There are too many ports with similar names, I propose ``py-pycap'',
> it's nothing but a new name to make difference with others.
>
> Thus we need to add a new port, py-pycap, I made a shar:
> http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~lwhsu/tmp/py-pycap.shar
>
> I have changed some files in py-pypcap-1.1.2.tar.gz, like PKG-INFO,
> README and setup.py, for installing with different module,
> %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/pycap.so.  And repack it as py-pycap-1.0.tar.gz.
>
> We also need to change the RUN_DEPENDS in net/pcs, in earlier discussion,
> we think rename it to net/py-pcs is better, so we might need a repocopy.
> This shar contains the new net/py-pcs, and updates the pcs to 0.4:
> http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~lwhsu/tmp/py-pcs.shar
>
> Due to the renaming of pcs, we also need to change RUN_DEPENDS in net/pdb,
> This patch updates pdb:
> http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~lwhsu/tmp/pdb.diff
>
> Please check these shars and patches, thanks.

First let me apologize for taking so long to test this, other work
always gets in the way.  Second, these all work beautifully and I am
yet again indebted to you and the ports team for making these things
work.

Let me know when they're in the tree as I have a few people who want
to start using them asap.

Thanks again!

George