FreeBSD ports: 1 unfetchable distfile: net/py-pypcap

Li-Wen Hsu lwhsu at lwhsu.ckefgisc.org
Sat Mar 17 09:21:15 UTC 2007

On 四,  3 08, 2007 at 17:01:11 +0900, gnn at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> At Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:21:43 -0000 (UTC),
> tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org wrote:
> > >
> > > 1) update the PCS port to grab my version
> >
> > I think this is the ideal way to handle the situation.  Only caveat
> > on your end is your modified pypcap shouldn't interfere with the
> > port of Doug's pypcap.  It should install with a slightly different
> > module name so we don't need to set port conflicts and so ports
> > relying on net/pypcap don't see your fork installed and assume
> > net/py-pypcap is installed which may lead to potential breakage.
>
> OK, can you propose a name and set it all up?  The number of these
> libraries that exist is problematic.

There are too many ports with similar names, I propose ``py-pycap'',
it's nothing but a new name to make difference with others.

Thus we need to add a new port, py-pycap, I made a shar:
http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~lwhsu/tmp/py-pycap.shar

I have changed some files in py-pypcap-1.1.2.tar.gz, like PKG-INFO,
README and setup.py, for installing with different module,
%%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/pycap.so.  And repack it as py-pycap-1.0.tar.gz.

We also need to change the RUN_DEPENDS in net/pcs, in earlier discussion,
we think rename it to net/py-pcs is better, so we might need a repocopy.
This shar contains the new net/py-pcs, and updates the pcs to 0.4:
http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~lwhsu/tmp/py-pcs.shar

Due to the renaming of pcs, we also need to change RUN_DEPENDS in net/pdb,
This patch updates pdb:
http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~lwhsu/tmp/pdb.diff

Please check these shars and patches, thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Li-Wen Hsu