ports/102499: lftp asc file checksum mismatch

Roman Kurakin rik at inse.ru
Wed Jan 24 22:12:31 UTC 2007

I am crossposting this to both bugs@ and ports@ so all who will join this
discussion keep this in mind if you'll reply.

Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> So, what's the status on this one? My opinion is that the whole ticket
> is bogus and should be closed.

No, it shouldn't. Sorry I didn't have enough time to investigate the
problem further,
but it is a real pain for port distribution. IIRC the point I've reached
was:
all software works correctly. All files correct but port can't be build. The
reason that default behaviors are not the same on all levels and conversion
of new line from single char to double could occur. The solution is to
request text file as binary than all layers will bypass it without
modifications or to convert newline explicitly for all text files before
computation of checksum to the one default value (I guess to single-char
variant).

So the problem not in the port itself but in the set of conditions. And
probably
this bug report should be reopened with other description.

rik