Apache-Style Profiles for FreeBSD ports/databases/slony/*

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Wed Jan 24 22:11:14 UTC 2007

http://digitalfreaks.org/~lavalamp/slon.in

Since ShMem can't be split across different PgSQL instances on the same
machine (even with Jails), hard PgSQL separation is required (thus domains
in network auth mechanisms).

For Slony, there's a 1:1 set of processes per authentication credentials
(db connect string), so on systems where a single PgSQL instance exists
but credentials are split up to serve multiple clients with autonomous
table/view/replication sets, multiple instances (PID files, configs, db
connect strings, etc.) must run and coexist without overlapping.

Thus, unambiguously stolen from the Apache apache22.sh.in.  Uses all the
rc.subr(8) hooks.

This will need %%PREFIX%% substitution to make its way back into the ports
tree.

Also I do some more aggressive sanity checking on configs/variables than
the Apache version.  May be slightly redundant, but we're talking about
DBA work here. >:}

Love,
l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/