Impending update to devel/gettext

Ade Lovett ade at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 16 04:01:05 UTC 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 00:23 , Peter Johnson wrote:
> The correct fix is probably a patch to the gettext configure script
> to disable the check for gmkdir.

Hi Peter,

Please see http://www.lovett.com/ade/freebsd/gettext-4.diff

MD5 (gettext-4.diff) = 792085ea01e8242e7e0260bad3336efd

This should address your issues with sysutils/coreutils being around,
and gettext picking up on gmkdir.

Everyone,

In addition, as part of the ongoing cleanup of the tree as a result
of the deprecation of 4.x for the ports world, devel/gettext will now
FAIL (strangely) on 4.x.  This is on purpose, and I have no plans to
change things back.  I'm not even going to put in a "BROKEN on 4.x"
stanza, since work is underway to remove those from the tree.

Naturally, with the number of ports depending on devel/gettext, this
will be a pretty good sledgehammer blow.

Assuming no further issues, I will be committing this update on or
around 1st March 2007.

Thanks to everyone who has provided input on this patch to date.

-aDe