Impending update to devel/gettext

Peter Johnson johnson.peter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 08:23:35 UTC 2007

I tried your gettext 0.16.1 patch, and ran into problems as I have
sysutils/coreutils installed with NLS enabled.  The issue is that
coreutils installs a /usr/local/bin/gmkdir which uses the gettext
library.  An upgrade of gettext fails as the gettext configure process
prefers gmkdir over mkdir, but the deinstall deletes the gettext
library, so the subsequent install can't work as gmkdir doesn't work
without the old library being installed!

The correct fix is probably a patch to the gettext configure script to
disable the check for gmkdir.

Thanks,
Peter