Ion3 license violation

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Wed Dec 12 00:44:48 PST 2007

On 2007-12-12, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
> No, the release packages were already built.  You see, part of
> the problem of software Quality Assurance is that it takes some

Distro Quality Assurance... ROTFLMAO.

I have fixed numerous bugs since 20070927 was released. What have
you done? I bet there has been _zero_ "quality assurance" done by
you (Frisbee) wrt. Ion3. No, you just throw it in, freeze it, and
call that "quality assurance", and then expect the authors to deal
with the users using the buggy releases that you distribute, and
that the authors themselves have fixed ages ago in their real
quality assurance -- the RC stage. The distros don't even bother
checking whether the software is in "development snapshot" stage
-- the still distribute megafrozen snapshots without prominently
mentioning this.

That's distro "quality assurance" for you.

> your software will descend even further into complete irrelevance.

That's quite appropriate, since FOSS has become completely irrelevant
to me. Windows is simply the better OS nowadays.

--
Tuomo