Ion3 license violation

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Wed Dec 12 02:01:19 PST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 12:44 AM, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:

> On 2007-12-12, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
>> No, the release packages were already built.  You see, part of
>> the problem of software Quality Assurance is that it takes some
>
> Distro Quality Assurance... ROTFLMAO.
>
> I have fixed numerous bugs since 20070927 was released. What have
> you done? I bet there has been _zero_ "quality assurance" done by
> you (Frisbee) wrt. Ion3. No, you just throw it in, freeze it, and
> call that "quality assurance", and then expect the authors to deal
> with the users using the buggy releases that you distribute, and
> that the authors themselves have fixed ages ago in their real
> quality assurance -- the RC stage. The distros don't even bother
> checking whether the software is in "development snapshot" stage
> -- the still distribute megafrozen snapshots without prominently
> mentioning this.
>
> That's distro "quality assurance" for you.
>
>> your software will descend even further into complete irrelevance.
>
> That's quite appropriate, since FOSS has become completely irrelevant
> to me. Windows is simply the better OS nowadays.
>
> --
> Tuomo

	I'm sorry but I really beg to differ with you. Vista sucks it long
and sucks it hard... I install/personalize that OS on many PCs for
Geek Squad, and I tell you it's really lame...
	The fact that one needs to install virus / spyware protection on any
OS.. it's really, really sad. Microsoft is improving their
development / use model, but it still ain't there (poetically). Some
devs (in a different respect) are being egocentric and are making
things shiny instead of usable.
	There's a reason why I recommend Macs to new customers :).
-Garrett