Mixed archives woes

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Sun Apr 1 12:37:04 UTC 2007

* Pontus Stenetorp (ninjin at kth.se) wrote:
> I have been working on a port for pyFastaudio bindings, well I have got
> a lot of help from Carl Johan Gustavsson. But now I have run into some
> severe problems. In order to build properly pyFastaudio requires the
> source for Fastaudio. This has all been sorted out, but there is a
> packaging problem. Fastaudio is distributed using zip and pyFastaudio as
> tar. The solution at the moment has been to re-pack Fastaudio to tar and
> then distribute it from another ftp. This feels rather ugly, but is it
> in your opinion a "good" solution? Or is there a know better solution?
> The Makefile is pasted below.
You should redefine do-extract target in your port's Makefile, and
add extraction commands for all your files there. For example, see:

/usr/ports/games/quake2-ctf/Makefile [just what you need]
/usr/ports/www/webalizer/Makefile [extreme case, but interesting]

Another way is to run `make patch` for the port you depend on
(see /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-plruby/Makefile:52), but I won't
recommend it, as it's more likely that terrible problems will arise.

> This is my first port and the handbook has been a great help but when it
> comes to this I can't find any answers. I am not a member of the ports
> mailing list so please cc me if you reply.
Handbook only gives you general information. When I encounter difficult
situation, I usually look through /usr/ports/Mk to discover exact
behavior of the ports system in specific case and/or search for examples
in other ports. To ease the process, I've indexed all Makefiles in a
single file, with this:

find /usr/ports -name Makefile -mindepth 3 -maxdepth 3 -exec grep -H ''
{} \; >MAKEFILES.ALL

Same for pkg-plist's and rc.d scripts.

--
Best regards,