Screwed ports tree/package database on my server

Sam Lawrance boris at brooknet.com.au
Wed May 31 05:02:25 PDT 2006

On 31/05/2006, at 9:56 PM, Matt Sealey wrote:

>> Do you have any thing set in /etc/make.conf?  Sometimes this
>> kind of problem can be caused by misusing some internal ports
>> variables.
>

> USE_APACHE=2.2

This is probably where all your damage is coming from.  USE_APACHE is
an internal variable, to be set by ports only.  By setting it in
make.conf, every port you install gets a dependency on Apache 2.2.

Another side effect is that apache 2.2 then depends on itself (a
circular dependency), which is why you end up with thousands of make
processes .