FreeBSD Port: drupal-4.6.6_2006031700

Geoff Glasson g_glasson at jimali.dyndns.org
Sun Mar 26 10:03:04 UTC 2006

Howdy,

I'm trying to create a port for Drupal's Import HTML module and have got it
mostly done.  I have been using the drupal-textile port as a guide.

The Drupal best practices for file and directory management suggest that user
installed modules be installed in a sub-directory of the modules directory
(see http://drupal.org/node/22283), however the drupal-textile port drops the
textile.module file into the Drupal modules directory.  Why have you chosen
to do it this way?

The reason that I ask is that it seems to me that the Drupal modules directory
will get awfully full of files and runs the risk of two modules installing
files of the same name over each other.  (I have a simple patch to
bsd.drupal.mk that will automatically install Drupal modules in their own
subdirectory -  it deletes the contents of the directory but not the
directory itself when the port is uninstalled).

I have a couple more Drupal modules that I'd like to get into the ports
system.  Should I submit the patch or just drop everything in the Drupal
modules directory?  Could you please let me know how you'd like me to
proceed?

Regards...Geoff

--
Geoff Glasson