converters/mpack doesn't apply the patch properly

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Mar 1 08:51:51 PST 2006

--On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 20:08:44 +0400 Vahan Yerkanian
<vahan at arminco.com> wrote:

> I thought FreeBSD default install doesn't create /usr/tmp directory... If
> you install mpack from the packages it works ok, the problem manifests
> itself when you try to portupgrade or install it via ports.
> See below:

I just bulit from source, and the same problem exists (including the use of
"/usr/tmp" instead of "/tmp"), so it's something in the source code.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member