x11/nvidia-driver and opengl

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jun 14 17:22:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:59:07 -0500, Jona Joachim <jaj13 at web.de> wrote:

> Corey Smith wrote:
>> On 6/14/06, Jona Joachim <jaj13 at web.de> wrote:
>>> Why do you have drm/dri? AFAIK the nvidia driver doesn't support it and
>>> provides it's own solution. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>> It looks like dri is required by xorg-6.9.0 and libdrm is required by
>> a ton of ports...  It sounds like ultimately your dependency tree is
>> b0rked...
>
> Are you sure xorg depends on dri?

Yes, check in x11/xorg/Makefile. The dri depends on libdrm.

===================================
# pkg_info | grep dri
dri-6.4.1,2

# pkg_info -R dri-6.4.1,2
Information for dri-6.4.1,2:

Required by:
xorg-6.9.0
===================================

BTW: I am nvidia-driver user and I have no problem with it in 6.1-STABLE.
I am not using FreeBSD AGP, using Nvidia AGP.

Cheers,
Mezz

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=xorg-server-6.9.0_4&stype=all&sektion=all
>
> /home/default> pkg_info -xr xorg-server
> Information for xorg-server-6.9.0_4:
>
> Depends on:
> Dependency: expat-2.0.0_1
> Dependency: pkg-config-0.20_2
> Dependency: libdrm-2.0.1_1
> Dependency: freetype2-2.1.10_3
> Dependency: fontconfig-2.3.2_5,1
> Dependency: xorg-libraries-6.9.0
>
> I have graphics/libdrm and graphics/linux_dri but not graphics/dri
>
> Jona

FreeBSD GNOME Team